An architect is essential to a construction project’s success because he is the professional that oversees architectural requirements and processes. In this case, you may want to look for the perfect template for an architect resume to use in order to increase your chances of winning a slot for a company by showing that you possess the experience and skills for performing the duties and responsibilities of an architect. Check out the following guide on how to optimize your architect application according to the best sample resume for architect 2017.
Architect Resume Templates 2017
- Headline includes your full name, mailing address, phone number, fax number and email address. You may also include your social media profiles and your personal website, where the employer can see your project portfolio for a more effective resume.
- Career summary is the overview of your professional accomplishments. It may also include irresistible figures and details about your most recent successes. Keep this to up to six lines of text only, choose the strongest words to use and be straight to the point.
- Employment history is the list of architect jobs you had and your key accomplishments for a particular firm or company. You don’t only focus on your job duties and responsibilities but the resume will be more effective if you would choose a couple of major achievements you have had from that company.
- Educational background is the list of the schools you have attended, alongside their addresses and zip codes. Additionally, this will include your GPA, your honor and scholarships and your degree earned.
- Related or key skills for the job are also important based on architect resume templates 2017. You can list down important skills noted by keywords, including analysis, creation, architectural rendering and calculations, among others.
- Key accomplishments include a short list of your major achievements in the industry. This should go along with figures or statistics so that you can quantify them in your resume and that you can back your claims up.
- Additional details when needed
Architect Resume Templates 2017 Keywords
- Architectural Codes
- Building Construction
- Critical Thinking
- Problem Solving
Sample Resume for Architect 2017: The Tips for Success
When using free resume templates 2016, make sure that the one you use is suitable for your experience and for the section or aspects that you want to highlight. After you have downloaded the template, you should be able to edit and fill it up with your details. Have it saved as the first draft so that you can go back to it later. And then, make another version should you find it necessary. Compare the drafts you have and see which among them the one that best highlights your value proposition is.
Choose the best format, including reverse chronological, functional and combination. The chronological is one that highlights your professional experience, while the functional type is one that gives focus to your core skills and competencies. On the other hand, you may want to combine both these with the use of the combination or hybrid resume.
Check out the right resume templates 2016 to use so that you can make sure that your application paper is geared towards that goal of marketing you in the best way possible. Finally, spend enough time in proofreading and editing your paper so that you can arrive at an error-free CV.