Just like many decisions you would come to make in life, making a decision to be a doctor is a real big deal. It means that you must have settled in your mind, the time you would put into it and the dedication and hard work that would be required of you. This is exactly the kind of things you want to be reflected by your resume. Your desire and your motivation to get into medical school. What skills you have, or experiences that you have acquired that support this drive. You do not want your resume to come out as desperate but at the same time you want it to be sincere about your desire to enter the medical school and categorical about your strengths and potentials. You need the best medical resume template for this. In this article we shall be looking at sample resume for medical school 2017 and how they can help you create a medicine CV template to find a medical school that suits you.
What You Want to Show in Your Medical School Resume Template
When drafting your medical CV template that you intend to use to find the ideal medical school for you there are some things that you must include. These are the areas that would reflect your strength in your resume. These areas should also underscore your desire and passion about entering the medical school.
- Your drive for medicine: This is one thing that must be revealed in your resume. There are different ways that you can incorporate this. The first is through the introduction segment of your resume, where you give a quick overview of yourself and your passion and the second is when you talk about your hobbies and what you love doing. You would want these areas to give the reader the impression that you have an innate drive for medicine. You must also try to be sincere here so you don’t sound like you are overstating your drive or that you are desperate,
- Your pre-med experience: The next thing that you must incorporate into your resume is what your pre-med experience was like. What you enjoyed about it and if you got any awards during this periods. It is important to note that everything must be written in bullet points and summarised in one sentence. It is a resume not a personal statement so you must avoid writing anything length that would make your resume look unprofessional. If you have a master’s degree in public health or any medical related field you would also want to state it. Any other certification or medical related course or training can also be included.
- Any medical-related activity: This is something that must definitely be on your resume if you want to find a medical school to fulfill your dream of becoming a doctor. If you have handled volunteer work before that has to do with maybe a medical outreach or you have volunteered for an NGO, this would be a good place to add it and it would definitely boost your resume.
Sample Resume for Medical School 2017
There are many sample resume for medical school 2017 and you can find a good number of them on the internet by using any of your preferred search engine. But finding one is not as important as knowing what to look out for in one. Below is a short list of things to look out for when looking at a sample resume for medical school 2017.
- You must consider the fonts
- You should also consider the formatting
- Look at the margins
- Note the introduction and conclusion
- Note the writing style
Trends for a Medical School Resume Template
The trend of a medical school resume template is simple and you can easily use the outline below to follow it up:
- Personal Data
- A brief Introduction
- Academic Qualification
- Any extra Certification or courses
- Any work experience
- Volunteer work at any NGO
- Research Thesis
Important Tips for Writing an Appropriate Resume for Medical School 2017
Below are simple tips to remember when writing your medical school resume that will help you with writing any kind of resume even such as resume teacher sample 2017.
- Use simple and direct to the point sentences
- Use simple formatting; avoid complex formatting
- Use legible fonts
- Avoid putting artistic fonts or colors
- Let it be easy to follow at a glance
- Always put your most recent degree, certification or institution first on the list